Windows users often change their partition size to deal with the partitioning problems they meet in daily life. Operation like extending partition can help users reallocate the disk space to satisfy the real needs. Here executing this operation in boot mode is highly recommended (all partitions will be protected, which can ensure data security). Next, I will show user the way to resize partition in Windows while booting.
Here, the freeware MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable CD is strong enough to do the job. It enables users to do disk management when Operating System fails to boot or there is no Operating System. Detailed steps will be listed below.
preparatory work: download the iso file – MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable CD – from its download center, and then burn it to movable devices (CD, DVD or USB drive).
1. Insert the bootable disc to computer and start computer. Then, you will see the following screen:
2. Select “Boot from MiniTool Partition Wizard (Safe Mode)”.
3. Choose a display resolution or just wait for the default choice to enter into next interface:
4. Select the partition which needs resizing and click on “Move/Resize Partition ” or “Extend Partition” from the left pane. Here I take the latter one as an example.
Note: there is no drive letter since all partitions are locked for data security
5. Select an partition and take its free space to extend target partition. Then dragging sliding button to desired value. Next, click on “OK” button to go back to the main interface:
6. With a click on “Apply” , resizing partition in Windows while booting has been perfectly fulfilled.
As you can see from the picture above, other operations (like “Merge Partition”, “Split Partition”, etc) can also be done in the MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable CD. Just have a try if you need in the future.