As we all know, Windows 7 can only fulfill part of the partition management operations (like “Create Partition…”, “Format Partition…”, “Delete Partition…”, etc). When there is a need to execute some advanced operations, things will become more complicated. Here, I’d like to take extending Windows 7 system partition in Windows built in disk management tool for example. To reach the goal, users should obey the following rules.
1. The unallocated space must stand adjacent behind the target partition.
2. The file system of the specified partition must be with NTFS.
Note: System partition often saves booting files. In the process of expanding Win7 system partition, any misoperations may lead to data loss. What’s worse, the operating system may get crashed.
However, the real situation can not always satisfy users’ needs. In this time, they should resort to third party partition manager. As for this kind of software, the powerful and professional MiniTool Partition Wizard is worth trying. It can help users to increase Win 7 partition size. Furthermore, people will never be afraid of losing data. With simple operations, everyone can enlarge the disk partition. Detailed steps to do the job will be shown for users below.
Please download and install the partition manager into the computer. Then launch it to enter the main interface.
We can see that various functions are listed in the window above.
1. Select the target partition and click “Extend Partition” from the left panel to get into the next interface.
2. Choose a partition or unallocated space on the same disk to extend partition. Drag the sliding bar to the desired value and then click “OK” to go back to the main interface.
In the screenshot above, the size of partition C has been increased to 167.60GB (the original size is 150.55GB).
3. With a click on “Apply“, all pending operations will be performed. Finally, the job to extend Windows 7 system partition has been accomplished.
Now, we can see that people can employ MiniTool Partition Wizard to do disk partition management without limitations. If there is any need in the future, please turn to the partition magic.