It is true that people may not always do disk management in daily life. However, when the specified partition gets full, it is a necessity for users to do the job. As for extending logical partition, three ways will be recommended.
1. For the users whose system is higher than Windows server 2003.
“Extend Volume” feature has been included in these operation systems. Then users can increase logical partition in Windows built in disk management tool (or DM). However, the free space that is used to expand target partition should obey some rules (only when the free space stands right adjacent to the partition, you can extend the partition. One more thing, the specified partition must be with NTFS file system). Otherwise, the function in DM will be grayed out.
2. For users who are familiar with Windows operating system.
Relying on Diskpart to increase logical partition size can be accepted. Considering about data security, this method will not be recommended for inexperienced Windows user.
3. For all Windows users.
The third party partition manager like MiniTool Partition Wizard is the best choice. It can do almost all disk management tasks in simple steps. Just with a few clicks, every user can add space to target partition.
Download and install the freeware to your computer. Then follow the instructions below to increase logical partition size.
Launch it to enter its main interface.
1. In this interface, choose the partition to be resized and then click “Move/Resize Partition” button. Then the following window will be shown.
2. Drag the black triangles or input exact values in the blank to change partition size. Then click “OK” to go back to the main interface.
3. Click on “Apply” to confirm all changes.
At last, with the help of MiniTool Partition Wizard, the task of extending logical partition in Windows has been fulfilled.