If users want to resize partition in Windows, they may try the way of doing it with Microsoft Command Line – diskpart. However, when enlarging partition with diskpart, people will always find the operation is complex.
Click on “Start” and type the letters“cmd” into the searching box. Then a program “cmd.exe” will appear. Left click on it, and then you will get the following window.
Note: Here I run the program in a virtual machine.
1. Input “diskpart” and then click “Enter” button to go on.
2. Choose the specified disk (take partition 2 on disk 2 for example). Here please input “select disk 2” and then press on “Enter”.
3. Input “list partition” and press “Enter”.
4. Input “select partition 2” and click “Enter”.
5. Input “extend size =10240” and click “Enter”.
6. Type “exit” and click “Enter” to drop out the procedure.
At last, the task of resizing partition with diskpart has been successfully fulfilled. With so many commands, users will always suffer from losing important data. What’s more, if there isn’t any unallocated space right behind the partition which needs extending, the interface below will emerge:
Thus, enlarging partition with diskpart is not a wise choice. Adopting third – party partition magic will make these operations easy for users. Here, I recommend the powerful MiniTool Partition Wizard.
Run the software to enter its main interface.
1. Choose the specified partition and left click on “Extend Partition” from the action panel. Then the following interface will appear.
2. Select a partition to take free space from and drag sliding handle to decide how much free space to borrow. After that, click “OK” button to go back to the main interface.
3. With a click on “Apply” button, all operations will be performed. Finally, extending partition in MiniTool Partition Wizard can be perfectly fulfilled.
In summary, enlarging partition with diskpart is not a good choice. Please adopt the most suitable choice to reach your goal in partitioning.